atypical shoes

Sharing unusual and interesting shoes.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bellingham, WA, United States

Atypical Shoes is a blog dedicated to interesting and unusual shoes. While some shoes may be considered by some to be ugly and others to be outrageous, the only guideline here is that the shoes are quirky.

I'll try to post shoes that are in an affordable price range for the average person, although I may throw in some with an outrageous price tag so we can have a good laugh at the sillyness of it all.

If you have seen any shoes that you would like to see posted or would like to share, please feel free to post me a comment so that we can share them together.

United Nude - Mono Eams

November 26, 2006

United Nude Mono Eams

United Nude was created by an architect, Rem D Koolhaas, who came up with the idea of using the Mobius for the shoe. He joined his friend, a shoemaker named Galahad JD Clark, to form a company "set on releasing specific, iconic products, and rejecting broad seasonal ranges". Together their results are outstanding.

What I like about this shoe in particular is the classic design with the unique heel. According to the information on their site, the heel was modeled after the legs of the Ray and Charles Eames chair. This is the type of shoe that you could wear for years and would never go out of style, yet always remain unique. That's a hard combination!

Available at Terra Plana for 172.50

Thanks to Chris for pointing me to these!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't say that I like these shoes. However, being familiar with the United Nude brand, I must say that some of the designs are quite refreshing. I especially love their sandals. Not only are they uniquely different but they make for a great conversation starter.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home